What is the League Partner Program?
The League Partner Program is our way of supporting creators. We believe in an approach that builds a strong relationship between Riot and our most dedicated community members that rewards them for their support.
Partner Perks are the rewards creators receive for being in the program. All members of the program are legally required to publicly disclose that they are receiving rewards from Riot.
Note: Some of these perks will be rolling out to regions at different times.
Through check ins, office hours and more, we want to connect LPP members straight to the team working on our games.
We want to help LPP member’s channels grow. We’ll promote select creators through the client and social media to help boost their presence.
We want to give you content to give out to them as a reward for following you. LPP members receive exclusive chromas (includes the champion) and Little Legend Eggs to give out.
LPP members should be able to easily jump from game to game. To help with that, all LPP members will receive unlocked League accounts, including some TFT content, and wild cards for Legends of Runeterra.
Select members will get invited to events, virtual and in person, like All Stars, regional tournaments, and more.
As a creator you face unique problems that the average player doesn’t. We want to help LPP members by providing a clear path to report player behavior problems that uniquely impact you.
Early Access and Previews
Select members will have the opportunity for early access to Patch notes, new champions, game modes, cards, etc…..
Sponsor Collaboration Opportunities
Across Riot we work with a lot of partners and sponsors. LPP members receive first priority to be a part of cross promotion and collaboration with them.
Additional Exclusive Regional Perks
Creators might receive additional benefits and rewards specific to a region.
To be eligible, content creators need to be focused on making League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, or Legends of Runeterra. Specific viewership or subscriber requirements may vary by region. These are minimum requirements and meeting these do not guarantee admission into the program.
- At least 30% of content needs to be a mix of these games.
- Minimum 50+ average concurrent viewers on your livestreams from the last 30 days and/or 5,000 average views on your video content in the past 30 days or at least 1,000 YouTube subscribers
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Must adhere to our behavior expectations (more below)
- Must sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement
Applications are currently closed. However, some regions are opening up to new creators by invite only. We’re planning on opening them back up in 2021, so stay tuned.
As a member of LPP, you are a representative of Riot Games and the program. As such, LPP creators are expected to maintain a high standard of behavior in game and on social media. We define good behavior based on, but not limited to, the following:
- Follow the Riot Games Terms of Service
- No racism, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, sexism, bullying, or otherwise harassment of other players. This also extends to your in-game names, usernames, Riot IDs, Club tags, or other personal identifiers. In general treat people how they want to be treated. If you don’t know, ask.
- No accounts that have been permanently banned or ID banned.
- No win-trading, MMR boosting, account sharing or other boosting behavior both on your accounts and others accounts.
- No botting, hacking, 3rd party exploits, bug abuse or other manipulation of the game.
- No purchasing accounts or selling accounts.
- No intending to lose- disconnecting, AFKing, idling, refusing to play, or holding your lobbies hostage.
- No using your status as a member of LPP to attack, threaten, mass report, or generally abuse other players in game.
- No using out of game information to disrupt the competitive integrity of the game. No stream sniping other content creators.
- Keep all your accounts secure. Never share your personal information or passwords in game.
- You are required to disclose all accounts you own in our games. This includes smurfs, and non-content accounts.
In addition to the general expectations across our games, we have highlighted game-specific expectations.
In Game Behavior Expectations
Follow the Code of Conduct
- Honor Level 2 or above is expected at all times (for League of Legends creators)
- Compete with sportsmanship, integrity, and be a good teammate and steward of the game
Out-of-Game Behavior Expectations
- While operating on social media, on stream, or in videos we expect all LPP to adhere to the platinum rule. Treat others as they want to be treated. If you aren’t sure, ask.
- Follow all local laws, including but not limited to FTC Rules and Regulations regarding disclosing of partnerships.
- Follow our Legal Jibber Jabber at all times.
- All LPP creators will be expected to maintain a positive status on social media. No banned accounts on any social media platforms, including but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Twitch, TikTok, Youtube.
- No racism, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, sexism, bullying, or otherwise harassment of other people. This also extends to comments made while streaming, messages on social media, and the general content you produce.
- No pornography or explicit content.
- All tournaments should follow our Developer rules for Tournaments.
- No harassment, doxxing, or witch hunting.
- Do not use your audience or LPP status to attack, threaten, or otherwise abuse others.
- In general, remember: as a member of LPP you are a representative of Riot Games and the LPP program.
- No breaking of NDA’s, Riot’s or otherwise. No hacking, leaking, or attempting to circumvent the release process of Riot or other game developers.
- Riot reserves the right to add in any activity deemed by Riot Games to be immoral or against proper ethical behavior
Consequence and Penalties
A violation of the Code of Conduct may result in one or more of the following penalties, based on the severity of the action and past violations:
- Formal warning and meeting with Riot to discuss the infraction.
- One month removal of all LPP program perks
- Extended probation period, Three month removal of all LPP program perks. Cannot participate in program events, and other promotions.
- Removal from the LPP program and loss of all associated perks of the program taken from your accounts. If applicable, we will notify the creator of a possible re-admission date, where they can apply again for the program.
Riot Games reserves the right to modify these expectations, or terminate a partners participation at any time, for any reason, without notice. We will notify all LPP members of any changes as or before they take effect.
Why aren’t Valorant and Wild Rift included?
We haven’t forgotten these games! We’ll continue to expand the program and rewards with new games and products when the time is right and are actively looking at bringing them in as soon as possible.
Why aren’t applications open?
We’re in the process of revamping our application process and plan on reopening the program in 2021.
Why aren’t other kinds of creators accepted?
We’re always looking to expand the program to other kinds of creators like artists, cosplayers, musicians, etc… It’s something we’re interested in but need to find the right approach before we make any commitments.
Are there restrictions of the giveaways?
Codes are locked to the region you play in, and expire after four weeks. Selling codes is explicitly not allowed. Creators found to be selling codes will be removed from the program.