Hey everyone, Riot Brightmoon, Meddler, and Pupulasers here with another TL;DW of today’s Dev Update.
- Rell’s midscope is still underway and you can read more about it in the dev blog.
- Neeko’s midscope is getting close, but we ran into tech challenges with her passive.
- Ivern will be receiving a midscope after Rell and Neeko with a focus on improving Daisy.
- We released a dev blog diving into Skarner’s VGU, covering art, design, and narrative.
- We’re exploring new skin thematics with two unique ones coming at MSI and mid-year.
- Udyr, Shyvana, and Dr. Mundo are receiving new skins soon.
- We’re aiming to bring the first batch of Wild Rift skins to League in July—this could change!
- Star Guardian Senna and Orianna are both coming to League in the first batch, along with the previously announced Star Guardian Seraphine.
- Redeemed Star Guardian Xayah and Rakan will follow later this year.
- We’re aiming to bring back Blue Essence Emporium mid-year with tech improvements.
- We’re testing out Quick Play as a replacement for Blind Pick in select regions (for now).
- Quick Play lets you choose role and champion combinations when you queue. You’ll skip Champ Select and get straight into the game.
- Starting April 4th, League will no longer be supported by 32-bit operating systems, which will affect less than 0.01% of players globally. If this does impact you, you’ll get a message in the client starting patch 13.6!
- Moving League over to 64-bit OS lets us improve features such as our security and anti-cheat and bot detection.
That’s all we have for this Dev Update. Let us know what you think and we’ll see you on the Rift!